Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Watch Your Mouth

This is my beautiful daughter Jane

She is four
She loves dresses
She is very stubborn
On Saturday, I rushed home from work to change and rush to a baptism. Wes had decided to go snowboarding so I quickly tried to get Cactus and Jane ready to go with me. Jane and I ran to her closet to find a dress that was some-what baptism-worthy.



"What's THAT white dress?" She asked. I pulled out her 6 month blessing dress from the back of her closet. "This is your blessing dress you wore when you were a TINY baby." I explained.




"Ooooh it's beeeautiful, can I wear it?"




"No, it was just for that day and we need to keep it special"




"Please can I wear it, it's like a beeeeautiful white wedding dress"




"Honey, it won't fit you, it was just for when you got blessed and were a baby"




"Mom, I really really want to wear it, please please please"




"FINE, if it fits you, you can wear it, but if it doesn't you have to just quickly wear whatever I choose for you"



11 comments:

Court and Jill said...

He he ha ha ho ho!!! I opened your blog totally expecting to read a story about Jane saying naughty words or something (b/c of the title) but this story was much, much better!!!! I can't stop giggling!

annie said...

Did you feel inspired to wear your wedding dress and get a picture with Jane and the baptism child and right a tender poem to go along with it?

Lisa said...

That is so hilarious! Maybe it can be her baptism dress too. I hope we get to see you guys this weekend?

bigtallhorses said...

annie, yes. or just blog about it and take a picture, I think that's more the caliber of mom I am HA! are you going to be around tomorrow? I need to call you about John Henry...

Erin said...

Hilarious!

annie said...

I meant to write "write" not right, there should be an option to edit old posts. I'll be home this afternoon.

Jo and Jeff said...

So cute. You are a good mom. How is my long lost friend anyway. Hope to see you soon.

Ashlee said...

that face on her is PRICELESS-so defiant and like Ha, So THere! I love Jane, and your stories are the BEST! Hey thanks again for helping me, I really appreciate it. Hopefully I can return the favor someday:)

Alisha B. said...

She is so funny! I love the "I told you so" look on her face in her picture. I hope you are doing well!

Staceroo said...

I like how the picture is only a waist up shot. We didn't get the whole effect! Did you let her wear it with pants (or bloomers would be better) to the baptism?

bigtallhorses said...

Ha! I made her wear leggins I will post you a picture of the whole thing, in these pictures she isn't wearing them though. Lucky thing that the blessing dresses are long.

Labels