Thursday, November 29, 2007

Bahston


















We had the chance to go to Boston a couple of weekends back. Wes went to conferences all day while I prowled around the town. The last day we did some serious sight-seeing. I think my favorite sites were the old cemetaries and the USS Constitution, or Old Ironsides, she was a beautiful boat and still in commission. I think Wes' favorite site was the Cheers bar.

Boston was very cold, but beautiful and a great city to take long walks. I still get a little nervous walking by myself (not from muggers, I have a horrible sense of direction) and strangely enough I got asked for directions everywhere I went. Those Bostonians think they are so smart with their Ivy league schools and all.
It was really nice to spend some time with Wes. We even got to get a gelato in the Italian part of town and enjoyed a relaxing night at the Boston Symphony. Somehow I didn't realize that walking a mile in high heels being 8 months pregnant on cobblestones is NOT a good idea.








5 comments:

Jo and Jeff said...

Looks like so much fun! The high heels pregnant deal, not so much fun! Maybe Jeff will have a few of those conference trips. You don't look like you are 8 months pregnant by the way, more like 4 or 5. I'm not surprised!

Abbigail said...

i am so jealous! We went there last year and I loved it. My parenst were just there, maybe at the same time?

Ashlee said...

heels? kristine you wore heels? what! are you sure Sephora wasn't your favorite? :)

Court and Jill said...

What a fun trip to Bahston!!! I love the way you say that, by the way.

Anonymous said...

Oh, how sad! We should have been there in Boston with you. I can't believe you were only 4 hours away and we couldn't work something out. I would have carried you so that your high heels wouldn't have hurt you... (Ok, actually I probably would have just made fun of you and made you take them off if we were there!!!)
Miss you! Love you!
(I couldn't sign in under our blog because I just forgot the password! oops)

Labels