Wednesday, January 23, 2008

ICE ICE BABY

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY JANE!
She is threeeee whoopeee! So Jane had a super-fun birthday. On her very day (that is a Godfrey phrase) we went and got some cute cupcakes for her school, and I let her wear "the purple dress" As soon as she walked in the door the kids starting shouting, "Hey, it's your birthday!" it was really funny, Jane ATE IT UP! Well I am super mom, let me tell you because even tho I didn't really have anything that day I still took Jane to school, but don't hand me the award yet ladies and gentlemen there's more...
So my hygiene buddies and I decided long ago that we were in desperate need of an all-girls outing so naturally we chose IKEA. It just happened that the day we chose fell on Jane's birthday, oops! But being 9+ months pregnant, I didn't really want to take her so she went to school, but she loves school so that was ok.
And we had soooo much fun!

Wes aka Super Dad(yes he actually does deserve BEST HUSBAND/FATHER award) took her to Alvin and the Chipmunks and I am really really sorry folks but Wes and I snicker every time someone tells us that show is "good" because we would rather boil in our own pudding and I'm pretty sure I don't even know what that means. Anyhoo, Wes actually took her to that movie on her birthday and SHE LOVED IT! and I didn't go because I was still spending our life's savings on tv trays. So after the movie Jane was PUMPED cuz the movie was so freakin awesome, but it was a little chilly, so naturally she had her hands in her pockets....and Bang! Two loose teeth and blood everywhere later and don't worry folks she was fine the next day but seriously...
She had so much fun playing with her cousins (who have birthdays really close to Jane's) at the awesome swimming pool the next day I don't think she had much time to think about it. Thanks everyone for playing in the water and
Happy Happy Birthday Micki and Lexi!
ps jane's goal for year three (I promise she came up with it on her own) was to stop sucking her thumb, she hasn't stopped yet but we are still hopeful.

5 comments:

Erin said...

Wow! What an exciting day! Happy Birthday Jane! And P.S. thanks for inviting me to the IKEA get together. :)

Jo and Jeff said...

Oh, my gosh, the poor thing. She doesn't seem to mind too much! It was so great to talk to you guys yesterday! Can't wait to surf!
Love, Jo

bigtallhorses said...

erin, you shoulda totally come, sorry! we will just have to make another trip i guess!

Erin said...

No kidding. How's Cassie anyway? I haven't seen her in forever. Good luck tomorrow. I hope it all goes well. Post pics as soon as you feel up to. I'll be thinking about you.

Ashlee said...

funniest post, i think jane's face is SO sad! she is such a trooper, it doesn't even seem to bother her! olive garden just might be the trick, i wonder if you'll go into labor tonight!

Labels