Saturday, March 22, 2008

A Good Dog is Hard to Find














Many of you know that I have a GIANT dog that I adore, but for those of you who did not know about him, or would like to get to know him better, this post is dedicated....to Forrest. (sentimental music playing in background)
We have had him for about six or seven years now.
We adopted him from the German Shepherd Rescue of Northern Utah. A lot of people think that means he knows how to rescue people...he doesn't.

He is pretty handy to have around the house though.
You probably can't tell how large he really is here, so I had jane sit by him...
















See there she is.


He enjoyed catching frisbees, he even was in a frisbee catching contest..he didn't win, he just isn't into competition, he does it for the love of the game. He also enjoys eating bees or hornets (one of my favorite things about him), swimming, chasing cats, getting into the garbage, and long walks, well not so much anymore.
Forrest doesn't get around much now.
He just lays around, his hips hurt him a lot.
He has been on a lot of trips with us. We took him to Havasupie (I'm sure I didn't spell that right), Canada up to all the beautiful sights up there, Flaming Gorge and many other camping trips.

He is still a very good dog.


We love you Forrest

6 comments:

Court and Jill said...

Kristine, you are funny!! I loved Jane sitting next to Forrest! What a great dog. I love German Shepherds, I really do. We used to have one when i was little. Great dogs. Is he getting old? Why do his hips hurt?

Erin said...

Forrest...I remember you from Soderberg's class. :)

bigtallhorses said...

Jill, he is getting old and I think that it is quite common for German Shepherds to have problems with their hips. We give him glucosamine and other meds, but he still has a hard time getting up. He is ok, just getting old.

Sara said...

Oh Forest! Wow, I sure miss you guys! I hope all is happy and well in your direction! I MISS YOU!

Anonymous said...

Wes, Kristine and all, so sorry that Forest is getting old. We love him and pray for him. Also sorry to see that someone has shrunk Jane. Do you think you read too many "Clifford the Big Red Dog" stories lately? Mom

Abbigail said...

sweet baby.

Labels