Monday, March 3, 2008

Five kids...no sweat.

The Crew
This week has been busy and fun for me. Monday Wes invited me to go snowboarding with him and his friend Jeff, who is from Logan, but currently at school in Arizona. So we conned Grandpa Dave and Grandma Marci into hanging out with Cactus and Jane for the day and I donned my snow bibs and had a great day up at powder mountain. It was perfect! Lots of snow and a little bit of sunshine. It felt like I am almost me again! The only complaint I had was this...I ended up hanging out on the mountain with six boys. Jeff's wife Jo, is super awesome and a great skiier and boarder but she had other plans, thus stranding me on the mountain with too much testosterone. Women...what's up? Crank up the 10,000 maniacs on the i-pod and GET ON THAT HILL! I am so sick of being the only girl!
Girls of the slopes unite!
Seriously lets talk about something besides boarding gear!
Then
My sister Kara, went on a little trip to visit her husband Travis, who just graduated from basic training in Oklahoma! CONGRATULATIONS TRAVIS! Now he is specializing and will be gone for 6 more weeks and then he gets to come home and be a family man again!
So I got to spend Tues through Sunday at Kara's house carpooling her punks to various and sundry events. Jordan, Kindall and Russell are the smartest, nicest, smelliest (how did that get in there?) most fun children a gal could have. The highlight of my week with them was when Kindall and I fell asleep at 9 on Saturday night and Ryli came over to get Kindall to sleep over. Ryli talked to me and Kindall and we thought we had both dreamed about her until Kindall noticed the toothbrush that corresponded with the dream she had about Ryli was sitting next to her. Sorry Ryli, I guess we were partied out!
Here are some pictures of my week
Amy and Ryli gettin pretty for work at Call's Drive-in. I love their root beer and over-priced burgers, not to mention endless fry-sauce.
Miss E, the Gerfen's dog. She loves long walks on the beach, eating chapstick and licking feet.Kaden and Jane, they are good buddies!
Russell and Jane playing Polly pockets, Russell is a sport: ) he takes such good care of Jane. He loves to pick out her clothes and do her hair, she is his life-sized dolly. After I got home and went to post this, I realized I had no pictures of Kara's kids! How the...? Amy, Ryli and Kaden belong to my sister Kay, they came and helped me out this week. I will fix this post, but for now take it as is.
Also, Kallan got baptised on Saturday! Yeah!
Congrats Kallan, I am so excited for you







I label this photo as "Jowls". Do I have the market cornered on cheeks or what?

6 comments:

Court and Jill said...

Wow Kristine, you are awesome! So glad you got to go snowboarding and feel almost like yourself again! I'll bet that was awesome! And you're one tough cookie for taking on five kids. Sounds like you did awesome. P.S. I am LOVING that new picture of Cactus on your sidebar! Did you take it? Soooo impressive!!

annie said...

Aww..plant some extra smooches on those cheeks for me. Wow, your nieces and nephews are so grown up. Then again, so are mine, I guess that happens...but not with our kids, right?

Anonymous said...

What Kristine failed to mention is that she killed it on the mountain and the six guys went home crying. It was awesome to have her there and she was much funner to make out with on the chair lift than the other guys too.

Wes

Jo and Jeff said...

Kristine I am so sorry. I wish I could've been there. But mark my words, next year we'll tear up the slopes together. You are the coolest! It was so great to see you and Wes and the little tikes.

Ashlee said...

holla! you are the coolest kristine, how do you do it? you are my inspiration, you could run a marathon 3 days after having a baby i swear. i can't be your friend anymore, you just put me to shame! can't wait for saturday-earlier the better for me?

Jo and Jeff said...

What up Wes and Kristine!
I'm making my blogging debut--straight out a Glendale, ya'all. That day at Powder was SIIIIIICK:) Really, thanks you guys for making it such an incredible day! I'll never forget it. Wes, you rock and Kristine, thanks for putting up with a bunch of gearheads. You guys put me to shame but it was rad just hangin out.

Sincerely,
The Wuss

Labels