Tuesday, February 19, 2008

It's Pottie Time!!


I can't help but notice that many of my blogging friends are in the throes of potty-training and as a veteran, ok as someone whose two-year-old finally decided to go in the potty, I feel compelled to tell you the two main secrets to perfecting your potty-training.


Are you paying very close attention?



They are #1 the pee dance and #2 the poop dance. Although invigorating, they are ONLY to be used after either pee or poop has successfully been deposited in the toilet. I have enclosed detailed instructions and photos for performing both. You may thank me later. Also I need to let you know that Jane has choreographed both dances. Feel free to allow your toddler to add his/her own interpretive moves in his/her dance.
The Pee Dance


Begin by jumping high in the air




Next, clap your hands two times



Finally raise your hands high in the air and wiggle your fingers. Close your eyes, stick out your tongue and waggle it side to side. It should look roughly like this:



Yeah you just did the pee dance!



The Poop Dance


First, clasp your hands together


Then bend over and wiggle your behind ...



from side to side

That's the poop dance!

Good Luck!

8 comments:

Court and Jill said...

I love it!!!! I love that Jane made it up and I love the step by step photos! How funny is that?? That totally cracked me up. And yes, THANK YOU! I'll be incorporating the dances in our potty routine ASAP!

Bingham fam said...

KATELIN WILL DEFINATELY LIKE THIS!!! I WILL TRY IT FOR SURE! YOU ARE SO FUNNY!

Sara said...

Oh Kristine! I love the pictures! Your camera is amazing. . .you don't need a new one! Not to mention those AMAZING photography skills- What a cut idea to post! You are so stinkin, stinkin, stinkin CUTE! I just love you so much! I can't wait to see my cute little nephew!

Ashlee said...

how cute! i'm not sure max has those kind of mad skills-go jane! you are such a creative mommy:) luv ya

Brooke said...

Brilliant.

Camisha Gollaher said...

No wonder...Berklie loves putting a sticker on the chart, and getting a penny for every pee pee, but she's just not excited like Jane is! I guess we'll be implementing the dance too. Tell Jane thanks! P.S. I need a little background on "Cactus Jack" because I don't feel comfortable referring to him as that, until I know what it's all about. What is is name anyway? (J/K...Heath, right?)

Court and Jill said...

I'm SO in. And no dead person is gonna stop me this time!!! When?? I work Wednesdays.

Erin said...

Thanks for the tooth advice Kristine. I feel the same way. I don't want to torture him just because it bugs me. I think I'm going to wait another year and re-evaluate the situation.

Labels